A capsule is a three dimensional geometric shape consisting of a cylinder with hemispherical ends, it is also known as a spherocylinder and also a stadium of revolution. A Stadium is a two dimensional geometric shape consisting of a rectangle with semicircles at each end. Looking for a Stadium Calculator?
About the Capsule Calculator
- r(Radius): Changing the radius affects the diameter and overall length
- Diameter: Changing the diameter affects the radius and overall length
- a(Straight Sides): Changing the length of the sides affects the overall length
- Overall Length: Changing the overall length affects the length of the sides
- Surface Area: The surface area of the capsule in square units
- Volume: The volume of the capsule in cubic units
- You can refine the calculations by controlling the number of decimal places that the calculator calculates to. The default is 2 decimal places.
You may also find the following Math calculators useful.