Triangular Pyramid Volume Calculations
|Base Height||Base base||Area of Base||Pyramid Height||Volume||Running Total|
If you found this calculator useful, please leave a rating.
What is a Triangular Pyramid?
A pyramid is a [three-dimensional solid object] polyhedron formed by connecting a polygonal base and to a point, called the apex.
How to calculate the Volume of a Triangular Pyramid
Note that the volume of a Triangular pyramid is calculated differently to that of a Square Pyramid. Use the volume of a Square Pyramid calculator for appropriate volume calculations.
You can calculate the volume of a triangular pyramid using the Triangular Pyramid Volume Calculator by following the steps below:
- Enter Base triangle (the triangle on the bottom) height
- Enter Base triangle base width (base is bottom if stood up)
- Enter the height of the pyramid and click calculate
Formula for calculating the Volume of a Triangular Pyramid
The Volume of a Triangular Pyramid is calculated using the following equations:
Volume a Triangular Pyramid formula (when the base triangle area is not known)V = b1 × h1 × h/6
Volume a Triangular Pyramid formula (when the base triangle area is known)V = A × h/3
Area of the base triangle in a Triangular Pyramid formulaA = b1 × h1/2
Note: Remember to use the same measurement unit for each dimension when calculating the volume of an object.
The volume of solid objects are measured in:
- cubic feet
- cubic meters
- cubic yards
The volume of liquids are measured in:
About the Triangular Pyramid Volume Calculator
The online Triangular Pyramid calculator below will automatically calculate the volume of the Triangular Pyramid based on the measurements you enter.
You will also have a running total which builds as you enter new dimensions into the volume calculator.
More Excellent Volume Calculators
- Cube Volume Calculator - a cube is a three-dimensional solid object bounded by six square faces, facets or sides, with three meeting at each vertex.
- Cone Volume Calculator - a cone is an three-dimensional geometric shape that tapers smoothly from a base (usually flat and circular) to a point called the apex or vertex.
- Cylinder Volume Calculator a cylinder is a three-dimensional solid object that has 2 parallel bases that are congruent circles of same diameter.
- Rectangular Prism Volume Calculator - a rectangle is any quadrilateral with four right angles. A prism has the same cross section all along its length
- Irregular Prism Volume Calculator - A prism has the same cross section all along its length. An irregular shape is a shape which does not conform to standard defined and repeatable mathematical rules
- Pyramid Volume Calculator - a pyramid is a [three-dimensional solid object] polyhedron formed by connecting a polygonal base and to a point, called the apex.
- Sphere Volume Calculator - a sphere is a perfectly round geometrical three-dimensional solid object.
- Ellipsoid Volume Calculator - An ellipsoid is a three-dimensional solid object with closed quadric surface that is a three dimensional analogue of an ellipse
You may also find the following Math calculators useful.